Saturday, December 15, 2007

My friend is sick




When I was growing up I had really close neighbors. A boy and a girl... who my sister and I are still close with to this day. They are like our pseudo siblings.

Keith has the same relationship with the three sisters who lived next door to him growing up. Considering we live in the house he grew up in, and two of the sisters still live there, I've gotten close with them as well. One of the girls, the youngest one, who is the same age as Keith... (the one he was always closest with) recently got sick.

I feel like we're really close now... I can talk to her about pretty much anything. So last night while I was doing work she texted me to see what I was doing. So I told her once I finished I just had to take a walk to the mailbox with Maximus to mail out my expense report for work and then she could come by and hang out.

I could tell she just needed to talk, you know? So I asked the question I knew she was waiting to hear, and the question I was scared to hear the answer to. "So what happened at the doctors? Do they know what's going on?". To make a long story short, she probably has mixed connective tissue disease. Some say this turns to lupus... some say it just ruins your quality of life.

She's only 28 years old... I feel so bad for her. I know it could be worse, but it certainly could be better!!!

1 comment:

prin said...

Aww. :( Poor girly. :(