Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm a WOP, Nazi, Red Skin, Sawney, Polack




Offended? LOL... it's true... and I think as the PC-ness goes... I'm allowed to say so, because I am??? Stupid, but true.

I'm a WOP for sure... 50% Italian to be exact. Though I was raised in a very Italian area, around my Italian family far more than my father's side... who are many nationalities, but mostly Jewish in religion in culture. Just call me a pizza bagel :)

I'm also part german, scottish, polish and Native American... so I guess I'm a heinz 57. Above everything though, I'm American... and proud of it!

It's just weird to me how I was brought up with the traditions of so many different cultures along with the American ones... it's nice.

Granted, it would be nice if the Italian side of my family could stop being tessatura and make up once in a while.

What is in a background nationality though? How does it define who you are? You're values, your morals and traditions? Is there a time where people just mesh??? I mean, I feel like I'm proud to be who I am... but my nationality doesn't define me... I don't consider myself "Italian" or "German" even being "Catholic" or "Jewish" doesn't define myself to me (though I guess because Judism is a religion, even though much of my fathers family was Jewish... I am technically not)... or any of the things that people throughout history used to define themselves.

To me, I'm surely American... but I'm ME. Maybe it's from living in a melting pot of cultures? Possibly... I guess everyone is different. Sure I love certain traditions and cultures that I experienced throughout life... but I also love other cultures and traditions of people who are different cultures/religions than me! So in the end... I say who cares? We should all just share :)

5 comments:

prin said...

Very few Germans were Nazi's, right?

I dunno, I'm just proud of my German heritage and that side of my family fought against the nazis, so...

But I see what you're saying. I'm a mutt too. Mutts unite! :D

Angeleyes said...

Actually a Nazi was just a term for Germans in general. It's more of a slur (which is what I was going for) on the nationality. Whereas after WWII people use Nazi meaning the people who performed genocide on certain types of humans.

I'm proud of everything I am... but I just don't let it define who I am. My grandfather fought in WWII (for the USA... though he wasn't born here)... I have a lot of items he brought home from war... some seriously make you think. I should take pictures and post them.

Technodoll said...

Melting pots rule. Ostracising people is out. This is the new world, people! Like they say... "You are unique, just like everybody else" ;-)

Angeleyes said...

I agree. I am around a lot of people who are very into their "background"... and that's the thing. It's fine to be proud of what you are... but other people not being the same doesn't make them less important. I find it insane that people can still act this way!!

I guess that's why I try to take emphasis off nationality... it's about being unique!

Apparently people who can't open up to different cultures are just blind. It's the same way with breedist people. That ignorance is very dangerous... as proven with the holocaust, BSL and many other horrible events throughout history.

Skryker said...

I always think of hybrid vigour when thinking of a melting pot of cultures!

Look at what happened to the royal families of Europe with their inbreeding-deformed jaws, big ears and hemophaelia.

Better to be a mutt, I think!