Thursday, October 11, 2007

Meeting old friends for the first time


So tomorrow I leave my urban life in NYC for the weekend. My sister and I are driving up to a little town in Canada to visit a whole boat load of friends... many of whom I've been friends with for about three years!!!

We're staying with a friend Shelley, who once came to NYC- so we've met before. She also met Keith and Maximus. Everyone else who I will see this weekend I've never met, though I feel like I'm closer with them than most people in my life... pretty funny how you can establish such important relationships over the Internet. Eh?

It's funny though, I think to myself... when I meet everyone for the first time in person, do I hug them? Shit, I feel like I'm going to just by instinct... or will I feel like it's really the first time I'm meeting them since I'm used to their "virtual identity"?

Know what would be really funny... if I acted like a weirdo for the first hour or so. Obviously Shelley would have to be in on it since she met me and knows I'm "normal" (depending on what your definition of "normal" is *L*)... but I can easily freak out some people if I added a twitch or a stutter... or even a little bit of tourettes. Now that would rock... you have to admit it!

I'm really excited though, it always seemed like I'd never get to meet everyone who lives in Canada because well... we live in different countries! Though, when it comes down to it- I'm only 7-8 hours away... and I get free gas from my company *S*. Canada here I come!!!!

I have to say though... I don't think I could ever bring myself to do tourist-y things in Ontario. After all... they have a freakin' Pit Bull ban... get a clue Bryant and Bryant ass kissers.... you guys suck!!! Ignorant assholes. I'd hate buying anything there knowing that the taxes from my purchase would support these bastard murderers. But eh, what can you do... hopefully the Ontarians will eventually get this holocaust ended if they scream loud enough.

My sister actually asked me "Am I going to have to deal with a bunch of people who hate Pit Bulls? Because then I can't be nice!", lol... she's so funny. I explained how anyone in Ontario who's actually educated on dogs wouldn't be breedist... it's the average Joe and Jane that believe the nonsense.

I will say that I hate the fact Maximus can't come with us... he would so enjoy hanging out all weekend with new people... and once he gets over the initial fear of new (big) doggies, he'd love being around them too!

So, wish me a safe drive people... I'll be sure to post pics when I get back :)

3 comments:

prin said...

Yey!!! Drive safely. See you on Saturday, maybe. :D

Skryker said...

Can't wait to meet you for real, and your sister, too. I wish Maximus could come, too. :(

I was hoping to be done with Bryant's crew in the election yesterday but we get 5 more years of them.

Technodoll said...

he he! tourettes! we can all identify with THAT! *grin*

So how did the trip go, who did you get to meet? whoop!