Monday, October 8, 2007

Family Parties


Is it just me or are family parties so frequent that I can't live a normal life? I mean seriously, it's every weekend... two or three parties a week!! There should be a limit on how many parties people should be allowed to hold within a particular time frame because I'm getting so sick of it.

I guess this is going to turn into quite the rant because I'm feeling it! Baby Showers- OMG I can't stand them... just let me send you the present, save the money and spare me of the boredom. Watching someone open gifts for FOUR hours isn't exactly my favorite form of entertainment. Meanwhile we all know why the party is required... because without the party all of the cheapos will get out of sending a present off of the registry! *L*

Though I guess it's nice to get together with family and have a reason to see everyone. It's just that I am generally a woman of moderation- a balance is necessary for me to have piece of mind and these present hungry baboon's are really starting to steal my sanity. ;) Okay, honestly I love giving prezzie's so it's really not about that. It's just that taking both days of my weekend, every weekend really frustrates me... I have things I want to do... errands I want to run... my fiancee and dog I'd like to just relax and unwind with. Not to mention taking care of myself- I barely workout like I used to anymore, and trust me I'm starting to feel it.

Having a big family, both on my side and Keith's side has it's benefits and of course it is something to be thankful for. It's just that having so much family, being me, is sometimes annoying. I'm not known for my patience... and I certainly have selective compassion... and some family members tend to teeter close to the edge with me.

Is it acceptable to take a break from life?? Just for a little while? *hehe*

3 comments:

prin said...

hehe, I cut off my family ages ago. I can't take all the family parties.

A friend of mine has at least one family thing every weekend and her just telling me about it makes me get all angry.

Nope, can't take that much family.

Angeleyes said...

Sucks right? I can't do all of these parties all of the time. I have one cousin who's fiancee is throwing a surprise birthday for her on the 28th of October, and then she's throwing him a surprise birthday party on November 4th. Both on days they know Keith cannot go (he works Sundays). I mean seriously... coordinate and get lives!!!

Skryker said...

After a bit, you have to limit family events or you go loopy.

My family eventually did a bimonthly birthday party get together with a pot luck. That way, no one got stuck with all the work and there wasn't a party every weekend.